About the Trust
Who We Are
The Terrier Trust CIO
The Trust is a Registered Charity – No. 1165782.
Our website address is: http://www.trerriertrust.org.uk.
Information We Collect About You
We collect the personal data that you may give as part of: an application for membership; an enquiry or other correspondence; when making a donation; or booking for a Trust event.
This may include:
- Name and title
- Address, email address and phone number.
- Details of financial transactions including the payment of membership fees, donations and fees for events or services you book.
- In the case of bookings, additional details you provide (such as special dietary requirements or access needs) may be kept to facilitate the running of that event.
- Gift Aid status.
- Details of correspondence sent by or to you.
- Website contact forms – submitted content is collected.
How We Use Your Data
Your data will be used only to support the legitimate purposes of The Terrier Trust CIO. Depending on your relationship with the Trust and, where necessary, the consent you have given we may use your information to:
- Enable the collection of Gift Aid
- Inform you of meetings, events and activities organised by the Trust
- Send you our e-newsletter or news updates
- Deliver a service requested by you
- Send members Annual Accounts, Reports and other documentation relating to their membership of the Trust
- Inform you of the Trust’s fundraising activities, including details of new fundraising campaigns and targets
- The name of copyright holders of materials provided to the Trust may be published in cases where the Trust uses such material
How Long We Keep Your Data
We will retain your data:
- As required under UK law, (e.g. for seven years in the case of financial transactions). Where this is no legislative requirement to keep the data, retention shall be as follows:
- Membership data – up to 5 years after you cease to be a member
- Details of object donors will be retained in perpetuity or as long as the Trust holds said objects.
- Details of copyright holders of photographs, articles or literature provided to the Trust – either digitally or in hard copy – and permission for the Trust to utilise the material will be retained in perpetuity or as long as the Trust holds said material.
- Other data may be held until you inform us that you no longer wish to be contacted by the Trust.
Information will be destroyed or deleted in a manner appropriate to its sensitivity.
Sharing Your Data
The Trust has contracts and agreements in place for the management of its website and for the use of software used to distribute newsletters. The Trust ensures external suppliers have appropriate privacy and security policies and procedures in place.
With the exceptions listed above, we will only share your data with someone with your permission or where we are required to by law. We will never use your data, or allow others to use your data, for any marketing purposes other than that expressly connected with Trust activities.
How We Keep Your Data Secure
Digital data is held by Trustees on private computers in rooms with restricted access. Data held in hard copy is secured in locked locations with restricted access.
What Are Your Rights?
You may request to see the personal information the Trust holds on you by submitting a Subject Access Request to the Trust Secretary. To make a Subject Access Request you will have to provide adequate proof of identity such as a passport or driving licence. The Trust will respond within 40 days of receipt of your request. Exemptions to disclosure may apply in some circumstances.
If at any point you believe the information we hold on you is incorrect you may ask to see what data we hold and, where necessary, have it corrected or removed.
If you want to complain about how we handle your data you should contact the Trust Secretary. If you still feel we are not processing your data in accordance with the law, you can complain to the Information Commissioners Office.
The correspondence address for The Terrier Trust is:-
The Terrier Trust
28, Manor House Drive,
We can also be contacted via the Contact Us page of our website.